Another blog nomination came in, today’s post honours this nomination. Then two more blog award posts to come soon, but for today I’m going through the questions for the Mystery Blogger Award.
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
5. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
6. Answer five questions from the nominator.
7. Nominate from 10 to 20 bloggers.
8. Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
9. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
10. Share the link to your best post.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma.
Three things about me:
1. I have 2 pets. Two little gerbils who can be troublesome at times but they are so adorable.
2. I used to want to be an artist full time. I didn’t think I would be good enough so didn’t pursue that but it was a dream as a child/teen. I still enjoy art as a hobby though.
3. I love seeing snow fall, especially as the ground begins to be covered. But I hate when I have to go anywhere when it is snowing especially if it involves driving.
The questions from RetroRedress:
1. Do you follow a sports team?
2. Do you have any tattoos? If not, what tattoo would you get?
3. If you could share an apartment with any video game/film/TV character, who would it be and why?
4. What’s the saddest song you’ve ever heard?
5. What would the title of your autobiography be?
Do you follow a sports team?
Not really. To be honest I’m not overly involved with any sport so I’m not that interested in any team. I sometimes watch sports but am not overly invested in a given team. Unless it is the Olympics (or similar) then it goes to the national team.
Do you have any tattoos?
Nope. If I was to get anything it would probably be Harry Potter related like either the Deathly Hallows symbol, or the scar and glasses combo (like really minimalist and kind of like a ring I saw once online but haven’t been able to find it since…). Or if it were gaming related I would go with either the Assassin’s symbol from Assassin’s Creed (possibly the symbol for Black Flag or Syndicate) or something Mass Effect related.
If you could share an apartment with any video game/film/TV character, who would it be and why?
I would want to share an apartment with Mario because I reckon he would be quite handy round the house if anything broke. It would save on call outs for emergency plumbers! Then if I got ill he has had some experience as a doctor so he could check if it is something to worry about of not. Also I think he would be quite quiet and would probably be out working or doing something during the days so he might not be too much of a bother.
What’s the saddest song you have ever heard?
I probably block a lot of these out! I don’t know if it is the saddest song I have ever heard but the one that came to mind was See You Again (Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth). It makes me think of people I have lost. I really like the song but it can make me sad. It’s probably not the saddest song I have ever heard but it is the first that has come to mind because I heard this recently and things have happened not that long ago that bring the sadness to mind.
What would the title of your autobiography be?
I’m kinda boring really. I don’t know what I’d call it. It would probably end up something like “And That Was It” or “Practically Predictable”. People think I know what I am doing with my life and in some ways I am predictable. I don’t feel like I know what I am doing but I’m working my way through.
Now since so many people that I follow have been nominated for this or other blog awards recently, some of you may have been nominated before. I was going to only nominate people who hadn’t been previously nominated recently but I was mainly trying to make sure I didn’t use the same nominee list on the other blog awards posts I have written recently. If anyone doesn’t want to do this then I won’t be offended if you don’t but you deserve some recognition either way!
The nominees are…
AlunaRL because he is also doing a 30 day video game challenge with A Geeky Gal’s question prompts, he is very passionate about Rocket League (which is an awesome game that I need to play again as it has been too long) and is even writing his own book.
Hundstrasse who comes up with some thoughts on the good/bad nature of Mario and Bowser, gave some thoughts on Cuphead, and the monthly editorials give a nice insight.
Double Jump because they are sisters who game and run this blog together. They post regularly which is good for me as there is always an interesting blog post to read! Their blog is officially 2 years old now, they post top 5 lists regularly which always have a nice range of options within them and they talk about Pokémon.
Thero159 because of the awesome blog plans for this year, the ambition of playing all the Assassin’s Creed games this year, and there are regular update posts on what has been read, played and what will be blogged about.
Luna at Gamers United GG because Luna always seems so kind in her comments as well as her interesting blog posts including ranking posts, interesting replay and upcoming month goals posts and she created a really cool blog competition which recently finished and has suggested that this might happen again so keep an eye out for that.
Home Button Gaming because I’m really enjoying his photo mode posts and he came up with a great list of games for every year of his life. He also came up with a wish list for games that deserve modern sequels.
I Played The Game because he is updating us daily on the adventures in his life on Twitter. He is also taking part in a 24 hour charity gaming marathon for Special Effect on the 22nd February which you can donate to.
OverThinker Y because he came up with a really interesting Question for January’s Question of the Month, he has a really cool logo, creates Musical Mayhem and comes up with the really important blog posts on the best jackets in games.
My questions to my nominees…
1. If you could have one superpower/video game ability what would it be?
2. What is your favourite film/TV programme and who is your favourite character within it?
3. If you could have a dinner party with 5 video game characters who would you invite?
4. If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life what would they be?
5. If you could forget one game and play it again for the first time, what game would you pick and why?
And lastly I was to post my best post. I’m not sure what to choose as my best post, if we go by views then The Backlog Task is (I think), although My Secret Valentine, Overheard in a Game Shop, Games, Hobbies and Time, and The Game Plan… Backlog Edition come close. Personally, the post that I had the most fun writing would be some of the posts involved in Creative Christmas or for Charming and Open as they were so much fun.
Thanks again RetroRedress for the nomination and the questions to answer.