The Gaming Diaries has been nominated for it’s first blog award. Why thank you. This post is in honour of that nomination.
This came from the lovely Reaper Interactive nominated me for the Unique Blogger Award in this post. So if you don’t follow their blog already go check it out! Thank you very much for adding me to your list of nominees.
According to the rules of this award I have to do the following:
- Display the award.
- Thank the individual(s) who have nominated you and include a link to their blog. Some promotion for their blog is welcome and appreciated.
- Answer the questions asked by the individual(s) who nominated you.
- Nominate an arbitrary number of bloggers and have them answer three questions that you ask of them.
Now on to the questions that I was asked…
- If given the opportunity, what would you change about your favorite game?
- You’re forced to delete a genre in the game world. Any game in that certain genre will disappear and no games under that genre can be made. EVER. What genre would you delete?
- Contrary to number 2, the gaming world is shutting down. You can save 1 genre only. What genre would you save? The world can now only create games that fit into that genre. What genre is safe from destruction?
Nice questions. This took a while. Well… not for question 2, but we will come to that…
If given the opportunity, what would I change about my favourite game?
This was difficult solely because every time I thought about what my favourite game was I came up with another answer. I love games and there are several that I keep coming back to as a favourite, a favourite in a given genre, a favourite on a certain platform, a favourite to go back to and so on. They change, but there are several that come to mind. Then I had to consider things I would change about any of these games. I’m going to go with Assassin’s Creed games. I mean you could suggest changes in many ways here, and it seems that this is being taken on board, but one thing I would really like to change is the current year elements. I guess I would want them to develop these into more interesting sections as in most parts they are fairly uninteresting. They started out with a good intentions of these segments (I think, maybe) but they really aren’t the most interesting to me if I’m honest. I don’t even know what I would want done with these sections, just something.
You’re forced to delete a genre in the game world. Any game in that certain genre will disappear and no games under that genre can be made. EVER. What genre would you delete?
Horror. Next question…. Ok maybe one little note on why horror. I am an absolutely scaredy-cat as I have previously mentioned. Horror and me do not mix. I can get so far and then it is nope all the way into another room with all the lights on. I understand that lots of people love games like this but for me this would be the genre that I make disappear. Partially so no one could then suggest I play a horror game.
Contrary to number 2, the gaming world is shutting down. You can save 1 genre only. What genre would you save? The world can now only create games that fit into that genre. What genre is safe from destruction?
This one is a bit more difficult. I found it hard to decide on my favourite game never mind what genre I would pick as my favourite and therefore save it. I have decided to save RPGs since these can provide many hours of enjoyment and there is such a range within RPGs that many people could still get enjoyment from many games. These can be replayed and still feel different.
Now onto those I am going to nominate. I tried to pick some lovely bloggers who haven’t been tagged in an award recently. This was proving difficult as so many people have been tagged in awards recently so I gave up on that idea and haven’t paid any more attention to if these people have or not. So the lucky people to answer my questions (if they choose to – no pressure!) are:
Kim at Later Levels because her blog is wonderful, she brings the community together with events like blog parties, Creative Christmas, which I took part in, and Question of the Month. She is also taking part in a 24 hour charity gaming marathon for Special Effect on the 3rd March which you can donate to.
Mr Panda’s Video Game Reviews. If you like Nintendo you will love this blog. Mr Panda writes fantastic reviews and his blog is really good at making you want more games.
Teri Mae at Sheikah Plate because even though my cooking is not great, hers is. She brings recipes from Breath of the Wild to life and one day I may get braver and try some of them.
The questions I have for the nominees are:
- If you could play as one video game character within another video game world, who would you choose to play as and in what game world? For example, playing as Ezio (AC2) in Rayman Legends.
- If you could meet any video game character and ask them one question, who would you meet and what would you ask?
- What is your favourite video game soundtrack?
Thanks again Reaper Interactive and good luck to my nominees (if you don’t want to participate that is fine too).